UGC Net Home Science Coaching in Hyderabad
UGC NET Home Science Syllabus comprises of the following;
There will be two question papers, UGC NET Home Science Paper II and Paper III (Part – A & B), UGC NET Home Science Paper II will cover 50 Objective Type Questions ( Multiple choice, Matching type, True / False, Assertion – Reasoning type ) carrying 100 marks.
UGC NET Home Science Paper II will have two Parts – A and B; UGC NET Home Science Paper III (A) will have 10 short essay – type questions ( 300 words ) carrying 16 marks each. In it there will be one question with internal choice from each unit ( i.e., 10 questions from 10 Units; Total Marks will be 160 ).
UGC NET Home Science Paper III (B) will be compulsory and there will be one question from each of the Electives. The candidate will attempt only one question ( one elective only in 800 words ) carrying 40 marks. Total marks of UGC NET Home Science Paper III will be 200.
UGC NET Home Science Paper II & Paper III
Unit – I : Food Science
- Food Groups
- Food Preparation
- Food Preservation
- Food Science and Food Analysis
- Food Processing
Unit – II : Nutrition Science
- Fundamentals of Nutrition
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Food Microbiology
- Public Nutrition
- Therapeutic Nutrition
Unit – III : Institutional Management
- Management of Hospitality Institutes – Hospital / Hotel / Restaurant / Cafe and Outdoor catering.
- Management of Social Institutes – family as Institute, child care and Geriatric institutes, Panchayats.
- Management of Educational Institutes – Pre – school, Primary and Secondary Schools, (Colleges and Universities) Higher Educational Institutes.
- Management of Special Institutes for physically, mentally and socially challenged.
- Challenges and problems faced by Institutions.
Unit – IV : Clothing
- Principles of clothing – Socio – Psychological aspects of Clothing, selection of Fabrics, Clothing and Family Clothing.
- Clothing Construction – basic Principles of Drafting, Flat Pattern and Draping Methods.
- Textile Design – Principles and Concepts.
- Fashion Design – Fashion Cycles, Business and Merchandizing.
- Care and Maintenance of Textile Materials and Garments; Laundry Agents – Methods and Equipments.
Unit – V : Textiles
- General Properties and Fine Structure of all Textile Fibers.
- Processing and Manufacture of all natural and man – made fibers.
- Definition and Classification of Yarns; Identification of yarns and its use in various fabrics.
- Fabric construction, definition and types of woven, non – woven, knitted and other construction techniques.
- Testings of fibers, yarns and fabric; Importance of quality control and research institutes.
Unit – VI : Resource Management
- Concept of Home management and steps.
- Management of Human Resources; Classification of Resources; Basic Characteristics of Resources.
- Decision making in family; Steps in decision making; Methods of resolving conflicts.
- Work simplification; Importance of work simplification in home; Muhdel’s classes of change; Simple pen and pencil technique in work simplification.
- Housing, Interior Design, Principles of Interior Design, Various Colours and Colour Schemes.
- Household equipment – Selection and Care.
Unit – VII : Human Development
- Child Development – Principles and Stages.
- Life Span Development – Theories of Human Development and Behaviour.
- Child rearing, Socialization practices and Dynamics.
- Early Childhood Care and Education – Emerging trends.
- Development problems and disabilities during childhood and adolescence, guidance and counselling.
- Advanced Child Study methods and assessment.
- Women’s Studies, Family Welfare Program – Recent Approaches.
Unit – VIII : Non – Formal Education and Extension Education
- History and Development of Home Science in Formal / Non-formal and Extension Education.
- Theory and Practices of Program / Curriculum planning and development.
- Management and Administration of Formal / Non – formal and Extension Education.
- Monitoring, Supervision and Evaluation of Formal, Non – formal and Extension Education.
- Vocationalization of Home Science in India.
- Theories and Principles of Guidance and Counselling in Formal / Non – formal / Extension.
- Problems and Challenges encountered in Formal / Non – formal / Extension.
Unit – IX : Developmental and Educational Communication
- Concept and Classification of Communication
- Traditional Methods and Materials of Communication – Selection / Preparation / Use.
- Modern Methods and Materials of Communication – Selection / Preparation / Use.
- Strategies for Developmental Communication.
- Classroom Communications in Home Science trends.
- Communication for Publicity and Public Relations.
- Change and Challenges in Communication in Contemporary Society.
Unit – X : Methods of Research
- Trends in Research in Home Science.
- Research Designs.
- Types of Research.
- Sampling Techniques.
- Selection and Preparation of Tools for data collection.
- Type of variables and their selection.
- Data collection and classification / coding.
- Analysis of data through parametric and non – parametric statistics
- Report Writing – presentation of data, interpretation and discussion
UGC NET Home Science Paper III
Elective – I : Food and Nutrition
- Food Science and Quality Control
- Macro and Micro – Nutrients
- Human Nutritional Requirements
- Assessment of Nutritional Status
- Food Biotechnology
Elective – II : Institutional Management and Dietetics
- Advanced Management and Organisation
- Management of Human Resources
- Experimental Quantity Cookery
- Financial and Profit Management
- Quantity Food Preparation Techniques
- Food Service and, Delivery Systems
- Therapeutic Dietetics
Elective – III : Child and Human Development
- Human Development – Rights perspective.
- Principles and Theories of Human Development.
- Early Childhood Care and Development – Strategies, Monitoring and Supervision.
- Children with special needs and Children at Risk (Child Labour, Street Children, Child Abuse, Chronically Sick); Intervention Programs.
- Socialization in various family contexts across different cultures.
- Advances in Assessment of Children.
Elective – IV : Clothing and Textiles
- Textile Chemistry – Fibers and dyes.
- Dyeing, printing and finishing of fibers yarns and fabrics.
- Textile and Apparel Industry – Fundamental of business, specifications, quality control agencies and marketing.
- Historic and Traditional Textiles of world with emphasis on India.
- Curriculum and Teaching in clothing and textiles, analysis and development of curriculum; teaching methods and aids.
- Consumer and Textiles and Clothing.
- Recent developments in Textile and Clothing.
Elective – V : Home and Community Resource Management
- Concept of Home management, System approach to family, Input, Output and feedback.
- Family Resources – Management of Resources like time energy and money; Basic characteristics of Resources; Efficient methods of utilization of Resources.
- Family Life Cycle – Demands upon resources like time, energy and money.
- Concept of Ergonomics – its importance and application in home.
- Concept of Communication process and its importance in family; Barriers in Communication process; Measures for Effective Communication.
- Concept of Work Simplification – its importance in home; Simple pen and pencil technique.
- Consumer Education – Laws protecting consumer; Role of consumer society in protecting consumer; Kinds of adulteration; Identification of adulteration.
Elective – VI : Home Science Extension Education
- Curriculum Development for Formal Education in Home Sciences.
- General and Special Methods of Teaching Home Science.
- Media and Materials for promoting Home Science in Formal / Non – formal / Adult / Extension Education.
- Non – formal and Adult Education in Home Science.
- Extension Education in Home Science.
- Women in Changing India and Plans for their development.
- Self – Employment and Entrepreneurship through Home Science.
- Programs of extension in Home Science.
- Measurement and Evaluation including monitoring and supervision for Formal / Non – formal / Adult Education / Extension Education.
Although there are many coaching institutes in Hyderabad(City of Forts) promising to provide quality education, but students have experienced that they all had been giving false promises. When they found ASTRAL EDUCATION (a premier Institute for UGC Related Exams Preparation) and spoke to them, it was a wonderful experience for them. To them distance is not the matter. The matter is the quality of teaching and ASTRAL’s experience in providing that quality, and their constant engagement in making it better and better, is what stands them apart. 99.99% of the students who have already benefitted from their decision on joining ASTRAL EDUCATION, comprises of students not only from Gurgaon, but also from various cities across India including Hyderabad.
To get through any exams, it is essential to study. If the student does not study hard, it is difficult to pass through the exam. “Practice makes a Man Perfect” is an adage, which is very true. Practice alone qualifies us to be better and better. However, there are few strategies which can be followed while studying, especially so in the case of UGC NET, as it requires a lot of practice to answer objective type questions in less time.
To appear in the UGC Net, it is must that the student starts preparing well in time, for which an estimate of four to six months is very much essential.
The student must know the syllabus thoroughly. Each topic is important and needs to be prepared thoroughly. There is no room for leniency and prolongation. Each topic is essential for fetching the marks in the exam.
Talking about the pattern of the paper, two papers out of three will be based on the subject of choice, and one will be based on General Awareness and aptitude (Paper I). One needs to prioritize the subjects in such a way that one has a good command over the subjects. Questions on General Awareness and Aptitude can practiced by solving sample papers or previous years papers to know exactly how they come, and for the other two papers (Pare II and III), one needs to be thorough with their subjects.
It is just not reading that is important, but also making notes of the important topics, so that they are helpful during the revision session.
The more the previous year papers(PYP) are solved the better it is. This really gives an idea as to how questions appear and you can make notes accordingly. There would be some questions which may not be understood, so guidance and coaching is must. ASTRAL EDUCATION provides Study Material comprising of Unit Wise Notes/Exercises, PYP, Model Test Papers/Sample Papers and Question Bank comprising of 5000 plus Objective Type Questions for all the papers, Exercises, Model Test, PYP, so that the student has all that it takes to clear the Test. All it needs is practice.
Last but not the least is the Time Management Skills, which can only be mastered through regular practice. Keep a Time watch and set the time limit. Start Answering and see how many questions were you able to answer in say One hour. This practice will give you the exact picture, if you really need to increase your speed in answering.
The solved papers of UGC Net can be viewed and downloaded from www.cbsenet.com or can be availed from ASTRAL EDUCATION, Gurgaon. For more information, log on to www.UgcNetCoaching.com or send your details and enquiries on info@UgcNetCoaching.com or call on 8750000624 or 8743000624.
The UGC NET Exams are conducted Twice a year – in June and December, on the last Sundays. Tentatively the exam date for June 2016 is 26th June 2016, but UGC has not rolled out the dates as yet. Students are advised to visit the official site of the UGC on www.ugc.ac.in or can even get in touch with ASTRAL EDUCATION, Gurgaon on www.UgcNetCoaching.com or can send your details and enquiries on info@UgcNetCoaching.com or can call on 8750000624 or 8743000624, to know about the various offers and courses offered for coaching.
ASTRAL EDUCATION (India’s No. 1 Coaching Institute for UGC NET/ JRF) helps you in all the areas relating to the type of questions that appear in all the papers, makes you sit for the mock test, and realign the mistakes which may occur. So, a student is well prepared, before he/she goes to give the test, including time management. Practice to give answers on the OMR sheets are provided and this enables a student to understand the filling part before he/she encounters prima-fascia at the exam center.
ASTRAL EDUCATION, Gurgaon, offers complete guidance and mental satisfaction. With its State of the Art infrastructure and Expert Faculties who are CBSE NET Qualified and are the subject Masters, there is no reason to worry, why you should not be able to crack the paper. Of course, you need to study as well, but complete guidance would e provided at ASTRAL. Students from all over the country die to join ASTRAL EDUCATION, as even the Study Material provided by ASTRAL EDUCATION incorporates the latest additions and/or deletions in the subject. Students from all over the country even die to take the ONLINE Coaching of ASTRAL EDUCATION, in case they are not in a position to take the Classroom Coaching. Both the modes are equally good, but it is suggested that the students take the classroom coaching , as it gives an access to the faculty and various issues can be clarified. Also when it comes to Classroom coaching, ASTRAL EDUCATION ensures that it is not crowded and allows to a maximum of 25 Students per batch only. What’s more, you can even choose the timings (Mon- Fri) or Weekend Batch (Sat-Sun).
You can even order for Question Banks of Previous Years or the Study Material alone. ASTRAL EDUCATION has solution to meet to any needs.
Classroom Coaching at ASTRAL EDUCATION, Gurgaon (Haryana) comprises of the following subjects:
- Teaching & Research Aptitude.
- Political Science).
- Tourism Administration and Management.
Subjects Available for CBSE NET in Correspondence Mode are as follows:
- Teaching & Research Aptitude.
- Political Science.
- Physical Education.
- Library & Information Science.
- Mass Communication & Journalism.
- Computer Science & Application.
- Public Administration.
- Electronic Science.
- Environmental Science.
- Tourism Administration & Management.
Why only ASTRAL EDUCATION
- Highest Results in India.
- All India Number One.
- Best and Experienced Faculty in the region: UGC NET/HTET/CTET Qualified.
- Complete and Comprehensive notes.
- Max 25 students per batch.
- Affordable, Reachable.
- Printed Course Material right on the patterns of HTET exams.
- Previous papers are discussed, so the student is aware what can come in the exam, based on the pattern.
- Teaching as per the latest pattern.
- Tips and Tricks top clear the exam.
- Full job assistance after clearing the exam.
- Audio-Video classrooms.
- Air-Conditioned and Wi-Fi campus.
- Easy connectivity through Metro, Bus, Auto.
For more information, log on to www.UgcNetCoaching.com or send your details and enquiries on info@UgcNetCoaching.com or call on 8750000624 or 8743000624.