Electronics means the devices including active (amplifying) electrical components. Electronics deals with electrical circuits that involve active electrical components such as vacuum tubes, transistors, diodes and integrated circuits, and associated passive interconnection technologies. Commonly, electronic devices contain circuitry consisting primarily or exclusively of active semiconductors supplemented with passive elements; such a circuit is described as an electronic circuit. The nonlinear behaviour of active components and their ability to control electron flows makes amplification of weak signals possible and electronics is widely used in information processing, telecommunication, and signal processing. The ability of electronic devices to act as switches makes digital information processing possible. Interconnection technologies such as circuit boards, electronics packaging technology, and other varied forms of communication infrastructure complete circuit functionality and transform the mixed components into a regular working system.
Question Pattern: There will be two question papers – UGC NET Examination in Electronic Science, Paper II and Paper III. Paper II will have 100 marks in total whereas Paper III will have 150 marks in total. Paper II will cover fifty (50) objective type questions, whereas the Paper III will have seventy five (75) objective type questions, each question carrying two (2) marks. All questions are compulsory in both the papers. The objective type questions will include multiple choices, matching type, true / false and assertion-reasoning type.
Paper II & Paper III (Part A & Part B) Syllabus
- Unit – I:Electronic Transport in semiconductor, PN Junction, Diode equation and diode equivalent circuit. Breakdown in diodes, Zener diodes, Tunnel diode, Semiconductor diodes, characteristics and equivalent circuits of BJT, JFET, MOSFET, IC fabrication-crystal growth, epitaxy, oxidation, lithography, doping, etching, isolation methods, metalization, bonding, Thin film active and passive devices.
- Unit-II:Superposition, Thevenin, Norton and Maximum Power Transfer Theorems, Network elements, Network graphs, Nodal and Mesh analysis, Zero and Poles, Bode Plots, Laplace, Fourier and Z – transforms. Time and frequency domain responses. Image impedance and passive filters. Two – port Network Parameters. Transfer functions, Signal representation. State variable method of circuit analysis, AC circuit analysis, Transient analysis.
- Unit – III:Rectifiers, Voltage regulated ICs and regulated power supply, Biasing of Bipolar junction transistors and JFET. Single stage amplifiers, Multistage amplifiers, Feedback in amplifiers, oscillators, function generators, multivibrators, Operational Amplifiers (OP AMP) – characteristics and Applications, Computational Applications, Integrator, Differentiator, Wave shaping circuits, F to V and V to F converters. Active filters, Schmitt trigger, Phase locked loop.
- Unit – IV:Logic families, flip – flops, Gates, Boolean algebra and minimization techniques, Multivibrators and clock circuits, Counters-Ring, Ripple. Synchronous, Asynchronous, Up and down shift registers, multiplexers and demultiplexers, Arithmetic circuits, Memories, A/D and D/A converters.
- Unit – V:Architecture of 8085 and 8086 Microprocessors, Addressing modes, 8085 instruction set, 8085 interrupts, Programming, Memory and I/O interfacing, Interfacing 8155, 8255, 8279, 8253, 8257, 8259, 8251 with 8085 Microprocessors, Serial communication protocols, Introduction of Microcontrollers ( 8 bi t) – 8031 / 8051 and 8048.
- Unit – VI:Introduction of High – level Programming Language, Introduction of data in C. Operators and its precedence, Various data types in C, Storage classes in C, Decision-making and forming loop in program, Handling character, Arrays in C, Structure and union, User defined function, Pointers in C, Advanced pointer. Pointer to structures, pointer to functions, Dynamic data structure, file handling in C, Command line argument, Graphics-video modes, video adapters, Drawing various objects on screen, Interfacing to external hardware via serial/parallel port using C, Applying C to electronic circuit problems. Introduction to object-oriented Programming and C++. Introduction of FORTRAN language, programming discipline, statements to write a program, intrinsic functions, integer-type data, type statement, IF statement, Data validation, Format-directed input and output. Subscripted variables and DO loops. Array, Fortran Subprogram.
- Unit – VII:Maxwell’s equations, Time varying fields, Wave equation and its solution, Rectangular waveguide, Propagation of wave in ionosphere, Poynting vector, Antenna parameters, Half-wave antenna, Transmission lines, Characteristic of Impedance matching, Smith chart, Microwave components-T, Magic – T, Tuner. Circulator isolator, Direction couplers, Sources-Reflex Klystron, Principle of operation of Magnetron, Solid State Microwave devices; Basic Theory of Gunn, GaAs FET, Crystal Defector and PIN diode for detection of microwaves.
- Unit – VIII:Basic principles of amplitude, frequency and phase modulation, Demodulation, Intermediate frequency and principle of superheterodyne receiver, Spectral analysis and signal transmission through linear systems, Random signals and noise, Noise temperature and noise figure. Basic concepts of information theory, Digital modulation and Demodulation; PM, PCM, ASK, FSK, PSK, Time-division Multiplexing, Frequency-Division Multiplexing, Data Communications-Circuits, Codes and Modems. Basic concepts of signal processing and digital filters.
- Unit – IX (a):Characteristics of solid state power devices – SCR, Triac, UJT, Triggering circuits, converters, choppers, inverters, converters. AC-regulators, speed control of a.c. and d.c. motors.Stepper and synchronous motors; Three phase controlled rectifier; Switch mode power supply; Uninterrupted power supply.
- Unit – IX (b):Optical sources – LED, Spontaneous emission, Stimulated emission, Semiconductor Diode LASER, Photodeteetors – p – n photodiode. PIN photodiode, Phototransistors, Optocouplers, Solar cells, Display devices, Optical Fibres-Light propagation in fibre, Types of fibre, Characteristic parameters, Modes, Fibre splicing, Fibre optic communication system-coupling to and from the fibre, Modulation, Multiplexing and coding, Repeaters, Bandwidth and Rise time budgets.
- Unit – X (a):Transduces – Resistance, Inductance Capacitance, Peizoelectric, Thermoelectric, Hall effect, Photoelectric, Techogenerators, Measurement of displacement, velocity, acceleration, force, torque, strain, speed and sound temperature, pressure, flow, humidity, thickness, pH, position.
Measuring Equipment-Measurement of R, L and C, Bridge and Potentiometers, voltage, current, power, energy, frequency / time, phase, DVMs, DMMs, CRO, Digital storage oscilloscope, Logic probes, Logic State Analyser, Spectrum Analyzer, Recorder, Noise and Interference in instrumentation, Instrumentation amplifiers, Radio Telemetry. Analytical Instruments – Biomedical instruments – ECG, blood pressure measurements, spectrophotometers, Electron Microscope, X-ray diffractometer.
- Unit – X (b):Open – loop and close-loop control system. Error amplifier, on – off controller, Proportional (P), Proportional-Integral (PI), Proportional – Derivative (PD), PID controllers, Dynamic Behaviour of control systems-servomechanism characteristics parameters of control systems-Accuracy, Sensitivity, Disturbances, Transient response, Stability, Rputh-Hurwitz criterion, Bode plots, Nyquist criterion, Controlling speed. Temperature and position using analog / digital control circuits.
Coaching for CBSE UGC NET Exams
It is very essential for any candidate to take proper coaching before attempting to give UGC NET exams. Proper Coaching gives you an idea as to how Questions are going to appear in the UGC NET exams and what are the right answers. Sometimes, it happens by chance that the same kind of question gets repeated again and you are able to score. The preparation for the UGC NET exam & JRF should ideally start 6 months before the exam and the student should attempt to, if not more, at least 2000 questions per subject of the previous year papers. Students should join ASTRAL EDUCATION, Gurgaon, for a world class coaching for UGC NET exams & JRF. ASTRAL is India’s Number One coaching Institute for UGC NET exams coaching. ASTRAL has 95% success rate in exams and 99.99% of students acknowledge this fact till date. Students from remote areas of the cities have already taken the advantage of coaching from ASTRAL EDUCATION, Gurgaon.
However, there are few students who are not in a position to take the advantage of ASTRAL EDUCATIUON physically. For such students, ASTRAL EDUCATION has designed a platform- an ONLINE site, which caters to the needs of a student even in down south. They simply have to register to the Online course, they would be given a user id and a password, and they could login and take the advantage of how ASTRAL really coach. All you need to have is a computer or a laptop, an Internet connection with high speed, with a valid SKYPE id, you would be in a position to take the online classes, without any compromises on the quality of the teaching- you will only benefit. The online coaching would be the same as that provided in the class, the only thing missing would be the real time chat with the faculty. No problem- you could always post the query, and your question would be answered very soon.
The advantage of Online coaching is that you really do not have to move out of your comfort zone and travel all the distance from a city. However, the only disadvantage is that you know nobody and you cannot interact with the faculty directly. But nevertheless, your queries do get answered. And yes, don’t worry about the course material. It gets dispatched to your address soon. So you have both the advantage of getting coached online and you have the material to study and see and report what has not been covered or what is not clear. Astral education ASSURES YOU THAT IT WILL TAKE YOUR CONCERNS VERY SERIOUSLY.
All the faculties of ASTRAL are either UGC NET qualified or are Ph.D’s or JRF with many years of experience in teaching and coaching the students.
Classroom Coaching at ASTRAL EDUCATION, Gurgaon (Haryana) comprises of the following subjects:
- Teaching & Research Aptitude.
- Political Science.
- HR LL.
- Tourism Administration and Management.
ONLINE COACHING at ASTRAL EDUCATION is available in the Following Subjects
- P1- All
- Management/ Commerce/ Economics/ CSA/ Education/ Tourism/ Human Resource
Although Study Material is provided to the students registered for the Online Coaching, yet, One can also order for Study Material (Correspondence Mode).
The contents of the Study Material offered by ASTRAL EDUCATION consists of the followings:
- Unit Wise Notes and Exercises.
- Previous Year Papers.
- Model Test Papers/Sample Papers.
- OMR SHEETS for practice.
Subjects Available for UGC NET in Correspondence Mode (Study Material) are as follows:
- Paper 1
- Political Science
Why only ASTRAL EDUCATION
- Highest Results in India.
- All India Number One.
- Best and Experienced Faculty in the region: UGC NET Qualified.
- Complete and Comprehensive notes.
- Max 25 students per batch.
- Affordable, Reachable.
- Printed Course Material right on the patterns of NET exams.
- Previous papers are discussed, so the student is aware what can come in the exam, based on the pattern.
- Teaching as per the latest pattern.
- Tips and Tricks top clear the exam.
- Full job assistance after clearing the exam.
- Audio-Video classrooms.
- Air-Conditioned and Wi-Fi campus.
- Easy connectivity through Metro, Bus, Auto.
For more information, log on to www.ugcnetcoaching.com or send your details and enquiries on email@example.com or call on 8750000624.
“ASTRAL EDUCATION is India’s Number Coaching Institute for UGC NET EXAMS.”